HW: Anybody know these bands

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Mar 23 12:45:06 EST 1996

In message <01I2NV5K105495QXJ1 at delphi.com>, HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM writes
>All I can say is that it sucks to be a Hawkfan in the US -- no
>one seems to have even heard of 'em...

Better they've never heard of them than thinking they know all about the
band 'coz they've heard Silver Machine. I mean, 100 albums and all they
ever play on the radio is bloody Silver Machine.
I get the piss taken all the time cos I like the Hawks'. I don't care.
They know nothing about music by and large. I like a great deal of
modern music - indie, grunge, dance, house, techno, hip-hop, punk, drum
and bass, jungle etc. and I think the Hawks can be compared favorably
with *anything*. Yet I get told by people who like The Beautiful South
or even something *really* modern like Alanis Morrisette (erm) Hawkwind
are this crap old band from years and years ago who only ever released
one record....which was crap.

As someone else said recently, Carl I think..In the UK it's more like
"Yeah I like Hawkwind. Wanna make something of it?" ;->
--
Jon Browne