HW: Remasters

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Mar 25 05:59:31 EST 1996

Stephen Swann writes:

> Jon Browne writes:
> >
> > Well waddaya know! The new track on HAWKWIND was a cover of Pink Floyd's
> > Cymbaline.
> >
> > So far I've checked out DOREMI and MOUNTAIN GRILL.
> >
> > The previously unreleased version of EJECTION was surprisingly enough
> > one I haven't heard before. I'll bet plenty of you have though. The
> > vocals are double tracked. Sound familiar?
> >
> > Doremi will probably bring tears to your eyes, it's so good. I wasn't
> > expecting the re-mastering to make a lot of difference but to my ears
> > it's *astounding*.
> >
> > The synth at the beginning of Psychedelic Warlords just sounded soooo
> > (fumbles for the right word) amazing (fails miserably).
>
> Ok, I'm sold.  Who knows of a mail order house (preferably one that
> can be reached online) that is carrying these?

Go my package this morning. Too late to give 'em a spin but the
packaging is pretty awesome. There's even a glossy booklet copy of the
Hawkwind Log in the Xin pack. All the others have really fancy foldout
designs with copies of the inner sleeves, old ticket stubs, old photos
of the band etc. Beautiful.

> Steve

FoFP