HW: Nikwind USA Tour Dates (first draft)

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 26 08:43:30 EST 1996

M Holmes writes:

> cjohnson writes:
>
> > Here is my first pass at a complete listing of all USA Nikwind dates.
> > I would greatly appreciate any confirmation(s) that list members could
> > make regarding actual dates and venues, as I understand that a number
> > of shows that were advertised did not take place (?).
>
> > I will be happy to try to compile a longer list that includes the
> > European tour dates (say, since 1993?), if anyone wishes to contribute
> > more info.  Right now, not much for Europe from me except:
> >
> > (one of the big festivals, Glastonbury or Reading 94 or 95?)
>
> They were at Glastonbury in June 1994. Rob Stuckey may have the correct
> date. It was the Sunday night I think?

definitely Sunday 'cos I'd had to leave earlier that day to catch the
train home and was going zzzzzzz on a sleeper by then.   26th June
perhaps?

> They also played the Emerald Centre, Hammersmith, London on 23/12/93 if
> I correctly remember the night I was concussed. Jill or Gordon may be
> able to confirm...

I've got the ticket somewhere at home and can check this.   I suspect
tho' it  was the night of 22 Dec - the 23 Dec being the last day we
could get out of London and back to Edinburgh in time to recover and
rejoin respective families on Xmas Eve (I had to travel back down to the
West Country).   And Gordon was trying to catch a plane to America as
I recall!    It got complicated.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk