HW - Astronomers

Julian Christou christoj at PLK.AF.MIL
Tue Mar 26 12:22:14 EST 1996

> Date:    Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:39:46 +0100
> From:    Endre Zsoldos <zsoldos at OGYALLA.KONKOLY.HU>
> Subject: Re: astronomy - comet hyakutake - off topic
>
> Bryan Irby <irby at CRUX.ASTR.UA.EDU> wrote:
>
> >but as an astronomer
>
> Are there more astronomers on the list? I AM an astronomer, too, so there are
> at least two :-)))
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Endre

Make that three. I am one also. In fact we were looking at 1996B2 this
weekend but between  telescope problems and weather problems we only got
a few images. On Sunday night the tail appeared to stretch almost a
quarter of the way across the sky. Very, very impressive. WQe have some
early comet images on our Web Page

http://wwwsor.plk.af.mil/IMAGES/exper/comtpict.htm

for those interested ...

And now back to the regularly scheduled Hawkmessages ...

Julian
-
| Dr. Julian Christou          | Phone:  505-846-4712 x330   |
| PL/LIG, Phillips Lab         | FAX:    505-846-2213        |
| Kirtland AFB, NM  87117-5776 | E-mail: christoj at plk.af.mil |