Alien lyrics - any more?

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Mar 27 13:25:04 EST 1996

Matt Curtis writes:

> On 26 Mar 96 at 15:34, M Holmes posted the alien lyrics:
>
> > 2nd track - ALIEN  <spoken intro, song, spoken outro>
> >
> > "What kind of receiver would be capable of processing these signals?"
> > "A system designed to modify the electromagnetic spectrum and carry
> > those messages directly to the human brain"    <this must be a quote
> >                                                 from something???? js>
>
> it's from a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode.
>
> -matt (good for vague tidbits of information which go nowhere)

This was definitely resolved as Star Trek TNG - I remember someone even
saw the episode concerned.   The question now is how do we record such
tidbits of info - if indeed we should do so?    Footnotes? textual
notes? appendices?   Shakespeare and TNG are easy enough to reference
but I wonder how many others are lurking unrecognised?

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk