HW: WotEoT Remastered?

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Mar 27 14:04:14 EST 1996

Jay-Dee exported these tasty UK tidbits to my X-term...

> Jon Browne writes:
>
> > In message <9603261929.aa03644 at uk.ac.ed.castle>, J Strobridge
> > <eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK> writes
> > >It's a very, very impressive job that's been done by EMI.
> >
> > >  These are excellent re-issues
> > >IMO
> >
> > >jill
> > >

> > One question remains unanswered. (or even unasked)
> >
> > If you're going to do such a thourough <sp again> job on these 5 albums,
> > why omit the sixth and final one?
> >
> > Where's Warrior Remastered?
> >

> someone raised this query in conversation the other night.
>
> maybe it wasn't one of the albums bought up by EMI?   Maybe it was
> different from the other UA stuff?   Maybe it's because Griffin have
> already done it?    (Except they seem to have remastered Pendragon
> instead).

I would love to see the lavish care that seems to have laid upon the
early HW releases applied to WotEoT (salivating that HotMG has benefited,
along with SR). In the US, WotEoT was released on Atco (if my fading
memory serves) on this side of the Pond and UA in the UK. So maybe they
didn't get the rights to it. And wasn't the master missing for WotEoT
to begin with? (I assume that the first 5 were all done from the master
tapes, eh?) If they don't have the right raw materials to have done the
job right, that may explain its' abscence.

As far as Griffin remastering it, I suspect that they did not. My assumption
comes from the fact that during the middle of the Great Tangerine Dream
Virgin Catalog Remastering Effort, two titles appeared on Griffin in the
US (Cyclone and Force Majeure). Neither benefited from remastering
(according to those who did an A/B of the originals to the Griffin CD's)
and had completely different (and markedly inferior) artwork (generic
desert photography). Not having seen the current Griffin release (but
owning a copy of the box release from many moons ago), I suspect that this
is just a re-release, sans box & book.

> Questions, questions.
>
> which reminds me - I'm still looking for a Griffin Warrior mispressing.
> Richard Cummings seems to have vanished?
>
> jill

> J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
>                                                 ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk

objHappy Happy Joy Joy: The "scratch" on my copy of Alien turned out to
                        be just some sticky residue, which Meguires' Plastic
                        Cleaner & Polish took right off! Plays fine...

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404