HW: Advice on used CDs

Brand khiller at NICKEL.UCS.INDIANA.EDU
Wed Mar 27 16:38:32 EST 1996

Hello all...

I just saw two used CDs by Hawkmembers, and I wanted to get some opinions
on them before I make an investment.

They are:
Robert Calvert "Freq"
Nik Turner "Sphynx"

My favorite Hawkwind albums are QSC, Levitation, Black Sword, Sonic
Attack, and to a degree HotMG and DFL.  I could not stand the
Astounding Sounds or PXR5 "sound" and I honestly didn't care much for the
earlier albums (Hawkwind, In Search of Space, Space Ritual) although I
may check out the remastered versions if I get a chance.

Can anyone draw any general conclusions like, "If you hated PXR5, steer
clear of Freq" or like that?

Much appreciated,

Brand

-------------------------------   The Universe is a cellular automata system.
visit The Courts of Chaos:     |  Its cell size is 10^33 cells per metre
http://nickel.ucs.indiana.edu/ |  Its frame rate is 10^43 FPS.
   ~khiller/home.html          |  And we're stuck inside it.    -Jeff Lewis