HW: everything there is to know

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Thu Mar 28 04:29:31 EST 1996

Jill wrote:

> This was definitely resolved as Star Trek TNG - I remember someone even
> saw the episode concerned.   The question now is how do we record such
> tidbits of info - if indeed we should do so?    Footnotes? textual
> notes? appendices?   Shakespeare and TNG are easy enough to reference
> but I wonder how many others are lurking unrecognised?

Given how much collective knowledge the fans of the band have, esp
on BOC-L, why not try to put together a sort of FAQ listing songs,
meanings/stories (however disputed) and references. The references
should be particularly interesting as so many of the songs relate
to books, some to current events and others have samples such as this
TNG thing.

Given their ever-changing style and use of other areas of culture
maybe HW will turn out to be the ultimate cultural magpies. Or not!
Whatever, it makes a change from sad old hippies :-))

Chris