HW: everything there is to know

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Thu Mar 28 10:27:53 EST 1996

>Chris Bates writes:

>Damnation Alley - title of Roget Zelazny post-apocalyptic novel

Made into a film, not very good...

>Ghost Dance - from a certain rebel indian tribe (details?)

certain tribe?  rebel? Hmmmm.  The ghost dance was a ritual dance which
was supposed to get rid of the white man completely, its followers were
basically
going to dance until that happened.  It gained momentimum,  spread throughout
reservations in the remnants of indian tribes in the great plains, until it
was brutally quelled
by the U.S. army (did they actually fear something?), it's leaders
imprisoned or killed...
It is viewed as a classic response by a society facing annihilation, I
remember it from
a sociology class. I think there was another song by 'Simple Minds' on the
same topic...

Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)