HW: everything there is to know

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Thu Mar 28 13:57:30 EST 1996

Just been exploring my faq file:   I seem to have kept more than I
realised!

I'll check the Shakspeare refs. some other time!

jill

> Entries something like:

WORD/PHRASE  : Black Elk

TRACK        :Black Elk Speaks
ALBUM        : Space Bandits
REFERENCE    :  And while I seem to be on slightly off-beat subjects
here's some info about Black Elk I found while browsing through
backissues of Hawkfan:

"BLACK ELK SPEAKS by John G. Neihardt... this book is listed here
because of its connection with the Space Bandits album - namely the
track Black Elk Speaks.   The book is the life story of Black Elk, a
Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux Indians, who was second  cousin to Crazy
Horse.  A chance to read the Indian viewpoint of the battle with Custer,
the ghost dance (which inspired the Hawkwind track of that name) and the
Wounded Knee massacre.   Neihardt also recorded some of Black Elk's
words onto tape and it is from those that Neihardt's voice appears on
Space Bandits"

WORD/PHRASE  : Heads

TRACK        : Heads
ALBUM        : various