HW: 451F

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Fri Mar 29 08:28:00 EST 1996

Track: Fahrenheit 451
Album: Choose Your Masques
Ref: Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451

There was a film based on Ray Bradbury's sci-fi novel of the same name..
It describes a grim future where, with power being knowledge, all books
are ordered to be burnt. The temperature referred to is the temperature at
which paper ignites/combusts... sorry if the description is a bit vague
but I havn't either read the book or seen the film.. anyone want to
elucidate?

Maxine
That is pretty much it.  The other twist is that firemen start the book
fires instead of putting them out.   The book isn't that great, no aliens
get killed.   One fireman develops a conscience and tries to stop book
burning.   I read it a long time ago and have never been tempted to reread.
 Come to think of it, the song really captures the blandness of the novel.

Now _Dangerous Visions_ is a whole different story.  Harlan rules!

Rudy