BOC: lyrics for D&S and I Am the One?

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed May 1 05:41:18 EDT 1996

> >        Er, yes, (I've got all the BOC CDs) but that's in the States
> >as well! :}  But speaking of ETL, can someone remind me whether Al is
> >drumming on the D&S on ETL?  I believe he drummed on some to the ETL
> >tracks, but not all ...
>
> Yes, it's an insane take done in haste!

        Ah, so would you recommend trying to sell them on the _Secret
Treaties_ version?  I've always considered the sound quality *much* better
on the _ST_ version, of course but the ETL version has a more "modern"
sound that is always useful for people not used to listening to stuff
from the early 70s! ;)

        Mind you, I'm of two minds about whether I'd prefer to cover
D&S or "I am the One" but I figured I'd plug whichever one the other
band members seemed to like best.  They agreed even without hearing it
that any song that involved shouting "Dominance!" and "Submission!"
would have a certain audience appeal :) though I also consider "I Am the
One" a great song which needs moer airing than it's received ...

Cheers,
Carl

ObHawkwind--"Masters of the Universe" is another possible cover :) though
        I'd prefer to cover BOC if there's a choice, since a lot of my
        original material already falls into space-rock territory and
        I'm aiming for variety ...