HW: remasters - WOW!

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Wed May 1 10:25:09 EDT 1996

Martyn Lawrence writes:

>         Well I just received my Package with the remasters and the EBS
>         Sampler & yep there Bloody good.
>         I was never a great lover of the 1st album ,but it sounds so
>         clear and wonderful.The only one I haven't really played alot is
>         "sorry mode on" Space Ritual,as i've been quite content to
>         listen to the others.THe EBS sampler is ok, quite good value for

Funny you should say that, because Space Ritual is the remaster that I
could most easily have done without.  One Way's release was a bit soft
around the edges, but so crashingly heavy that you couldn't possibly
fault it.

EMI's release is much sharper, but I find that sharpness wasn't
something that I greatly wanted out of Space Ritual.  The release is
very nice, but not something that I was desperately in need of.  (All
the others *were* desperately needed.)

Steve