The Blood of Man

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Thu May 2 13:33:19 EDT 1996

       I just picked up an NTSC copy of this one, and I'm trying to return
       it right now.

       The sound quality was good (after I turned off the digital tracking
       and played with it manually), but the picture refuses to stay
       tracked no matter what I do.  I have several VCRs, and they all
       show the same symptoms.  I heard a rumour from Mike Coleman that
       RPM Records has had several of these vids returned for poor quality
       reasons.

       Actually, the video seems to spend a lot of its time displaying the
       background lightshow rather than the band, who are in darkness for
       much of the show.  There are repeated pictures of a 6-foot skull,
       and a Frank Frazetta image of a horned guy wielding a scimitar over
       its head, as well as others.

       I *did* run a copy off on tape while I was playing with it, but I
       don't remember right now what the mislabeled song is.  I do know
       that I didn't hear any "new" songs at all while I was watching the
       vid, so I'm pretty certain we have already heard the song called
       "Blood of Man" under a different name.  I'll check my dub tonight.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com