OFF: Porcupine Tree discography

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Thu May 2 13:50:00 EDT 1996

       Well, here is the P.Tree discog that I promised/threatened to post.
       If anybody knows of any items missing (particularly compilation
       appearances), please consider dropping me a quick Email with info.

       ALSO: Anybody possessing a copy of the "Radio Active" CD, I'm
       interested in buying, trading, or taping the disk.  E-me.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com

Porcupine Tree discography  2 May 1996
======================================
Porcupine Tree is primarily the fruit of one person:  Steven Wilson.
However, in late 1993 Steven formed the core of a true band and began
playing live gigs.  Since then, the recordings have been much more of
a group effort.

Note on my notation:  "(x3)" signifies there are 3 songs on the release.
All items are UK only unless specified.

Albums and EPs
--------------
* Tarquins Seaweed Farm (1989) - cassette only (deleted) (x13)
* The Nostalgia Factory (1991) - cassette only (deleted) (x14)
These items were recorded between 1988-91 by Steven Wilson, acting
mostly alone, at home.

* On the Sunday of Life... (1991) - CD,LP (x18)
* Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape (1994) - CD only (deleted) (x15)
These two CDs contain almost all of the songs from the first two
cassette releases, as well as a few new songs/versions.  OTSOL was
the first full-blown P.Tree title.  YHD is the remaining songs from
the first two cassettes that were not used on OTSOL.  Remastered.

* Voyage 34 EP (Phase I / Phase II) (1992) - 12",CD (x2)
* Voyage 34 EP (Phase III / Phase IV) (1993) - 12" only (x2)
After the first V34 was released by P.Tree, apparently Astralasia
approached P.Tree about releasing a remixed version.  Steven Wilson
agreed, and added a new track of his own to the B-side.  The second
V34 is also refered to as 'Voyage 34 Remixes'.

* Up the Downstair (1993) - CD,LP (x10)
* Staircase Infinities EP (1993) - 10",CD (x5)
UTD was the second full length album from P.Tree (YHD had not been
released yet).  SI contains 3 outtakes from UTD, as well as 2 new songs.

* Radio Active (1993) - CD only (x4)
I do not have this one.  Apparently a promo only item.

* Spiral Circus (1994) - cassette only (x7)
Contains 50 min of live P.Tree taken from December 1993.  Includes two
songs from the BBC session on 6 Dec 93.  Available only from Delerium
as part of something called 'Porcupine Tree Transmission', basically
an irregular flyer mailed to you from Delerium.

* Moonloop EP (UK) (1994) - 12",CD (x2)
Contains songs "Moonloop" and "Stars Die".

* Stars Die EP (US) (1995) - CD only (x3)
The US version of the Moonloop EP is called Stars Die.  It contains the
same two songs from Moonloop (UK).  Also contains the song "Always Never"
from UTD.

* The Sky Moves Sideways (UK) (1995) - CD,LP (x6)
* The Sky Moves Sideways (US) (1995) - CD only (x6)
SMS (UK) contains the full version of "Moonloop" along with a 2 min
intro called "Prepare Yourself".  SMS (US) contains a much shorter
version of "Moonloop" with no intro, but contain the additional song
"Stars Die" (which does not appear on the UK version).  In addition,
both titles have tracks in a slightly different order.

* Waiting EP (1996) - 12",CD (12": x3)(CDS: x2)
Released this week, the CD-single contains "Waiting - Phases 1 & 2"
and "The Sound of No-One Listening".  The 12-incher contains "Waiting -
Phases 1 & 2", "Colourflow in Mind", and "Fuse the Sun(Sky?)".

* Signify (1996?)
The announced new album from P.Tree.  Due in August 1996.  Waiting EP
is taken from this forthcoming release.

Compilation Appearances
-----------------------
* A Psychedelic Psauna (1991) - contains "Linton Samuel Dawson".

* Pick & Mix (1994) - contains "Voyage 34 (Remodelled)".

* Music for Coffee Shops (1996) - contains "Moonloop (edit)".

* Succour (compilation) (1996)
CD to aid magazine 'Ptolemaic Terrascope'.  P.Tree & Bevis Frond
perform "Ptolemine Treescope".

* Space Daze Vol.2 (available late spring ?)
Will contain "Burning Sky Pt.2".  I suspect that this actually refers
to the forthcoming 3-CD space rock compilation extravaganza from Cleopatra.

Steven Wilson Guest Appearances
* Stone to Flesh, Richard Barbieri and Steve Jansen
* Fish's next release (? unconfirmed ?)

       Fini.