The Blood of Man

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu May 2 18:01:01 EDT 1996

cjohnson writes:

Chaos video.

>        Actually, the video seems to spend a lot of its time displaying the
>        background lightshow rather than the band, who are in darkness for
>        much of the show.  There are repeated pictures of a 6-foot skull,
>        and a Frank Frazetta image of a horned guy wielding a scimitar over
>        its head, as well as others.

The whole tour was pretty much like that. The band stayed out in the
wings in darkness and the lightshow was pretty much the gig. It wasn't
one of their best tours and IMHO comprised the start of a pretty bad
three years for Hawkwind.

obShocker: I quit kollecting Hawkwind in late 1987.

In 1989 I decided they'd got enough of the old magic back that I started
catching up on the gazillion versions of Acid Daze, Early Daze, British
Tribal Music, ad nauseum that I'd missed.

obControversy: Getting Wishart into the band at that point saved them.

>        Captain Cloud

FoFP