HW: Flipping Chaos

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Thu May 2 17:44:43 EDT 1996

     Chaos video:
>>      The sound quality was good (after I turned off the digital tracking
>>      and played with it manually), but the picture refuses to stay
>>      tracked no matter what I do.
>
>Sounds
>like the video sync. signal is knackered.   There is a cheap device out
>to correct this from the days when the copy protection technique used
>to screw up the image this way.  You connect it on the output side and
>it replaces the sync signal with a good one.  I even have one of these
>
>Rudy

       I've got one of these devices too.  Been using it for about 8 or 9
       years now, ever since I bought my second VCR.  ;-)  I keep it
       inline between VCR2 and VCR1, and powered on at all times (mine can
       be battery- or AC-powered).

       This device made no obvious difference on playback of the Chaos
       video using VCR2->device->VCR1->TV.  I also tried just VCR1->TV and
       it displayed about the same.  :-(

       Perhaps I need to make sure that the power plug hasn't slipped out?
       Otherwise, don't put too much hope that this is the solution...

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com