HW: Blood of Man is Lost Chronicles

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Fri May 3 13:20:17 EDT 1996

>Uh, how is that performance?  Lost Chronicles is probably my favorite
>Hawkwind instrumental, and I've always wondered how it would come
>across live...
>
>Steve

       Ditto on that fav instrumental comment.  The song always fills me
       with a haunting feeling...whatever that means. :-)

       The performance must be one of the earliest.  It is kind of sparse
       to me, compared to performances a year or two later.  It starts
       with a short meandering "shooshy" noise from Harvey?.  Soon the
       piano comes in, playing the familiar melody line.  The piano is
       soon accompanied thru most of the song by a synth playing a minor
       progression.  Overall, it seems a bit rough, not perfectly in sync
       or in time.  Still, this tune always does me good...

       Seems to me that there are some much better takes on Lost C. from
       the 1987 and 1988 tours.  I'm not sure how often they played this
       tune after 1988.

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com