BOC / Hawkwind Sighting

UNREGISTERED VERSION sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Sat May 4 04:02:06 EDT 1996

Reply to Joseph Brooks about BOC / Hawkwind Sighting
>Just back from the bookstore.. Happened to run across "Tales of the White
>Wolf" a collection of Elric stories written by various fantasy authors,
>authorized by Moorcock. From the back cover: "Elric has even inspired songs
>from groups as diverse as Hawkwind and Blue Oyster Cult to Cirith Ungol and
>the Tygers of Pan Tang".

>Never heard of the last 2 but I thought it might be of some small
>interest... If anyone *has* heard of the latter two bands... are they any
>good?
>     _
I have two Cirith Ungol lp's because the covers are Michael Whelen(?)
paintings of Elric. Haven't played them in years but as I remember they were a
early thrash band.

Tygers of Pan Tang take their name from Moorcock but theres no other
connection that I know of. They were a New Wave Of British Heavy Metal band
that came out around the same time as Iron Maiden and Diamondhead. I saw
them years ago and they weren't anything special but they did release several
albums and singles, some of which I have. John Sykes of Thin Lizzy/Whitesnake
originally came from the Tygers.

Si
sihalley at vossnet.co.uk