HW: Hawk Fairies

Dr Pepper (they call me Mister Pibb) M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Sun May 5 12:47:19 EDT 1996

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, cjohnson wrote:

>        Saw a reference to a new HW-relation title.  The artist is listed
>        as "Hawk Fairies", the title "Purple Haze Live".  This is
>        apparently another Twink/Pink Fairies thing.  I do not know who is
>        the "Hawk" part of the name -- Nik again?

I think I have held in my hand a copy of this, and after scrutinising the
cover put it down because I could not really see any HW link. The chap is
someone who hang around the scene with Twink, and probably even saw HW
play, and might even have known them, but I don't think the CD claims he
ever played with them. I seem to recall the CD is a live set of traditional
r'n'b or blues songs with Twink on drums, something you could well hear
at any pub that has dodgy blues bands playing. I might even have bought
it because of the title, but I recalled my immense irritation at the
quality of the Pinkwind 'Festival of the Sun', so I put it back,
hopefully never to see it again.

Of course this is my version of a memory from 2 months ago, maybe people
with more of a link to Twink will have better info and a less jaundiced view.

Mike w