HW Adrian Shaw stuff

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Sun May 5 20:20:28 EDT 1996

they call me Mister Pibb writes:

> Dear people,
>
> I have just been browsing at the woronzow Ade Shaw page
>
> http://www.thenerve2.com/woronzow/adedisc.html
>
> and have come up with these two entries
>
> Robert Calvert
> Revenge!, Cyborg 2, 1991, B-side with Pete Pavli, "Turn The Tape Over".
>
> Michael Moorcock,
> The Brothel in Rosensrasse, Cyborg 3, 1991, B-side with Pete Pavli, "Turn
> The Tape Over 2".
>
> Now I know about the Brothel in Rosenstrasse ltd edition single, but it
> has been ages since I looked at it. Is the B side entitled Turn the Tape
> over 2?

Nope.   The b-side is Time Centre - a nice bit of Hawkwindish riffing
that I've always enjoyed listening to.

> Does it have Adrian Shaw on it?

Not sure.   Deep Fix is involved but I can't remember who was in Deep
Fix at that time.

> What is the Revenge thing by RC?

It's a tape released by Cybord Record and Tapes Inc (above) with Bob
Calvert's lyrics set to some fairly wierd music.   Musicians are:
P.Pavli (Guitar, Bass, Piano), S.House (Violin, Synths), R.Calvert
(Vocals).   The b-side of the tape is called "Turn the Tape Over Vol 2."
and is ummmmmm.... minimalist, would be the politest term.   Yoko Ono
would have been proud of it.   It's performed by A.Shaw and P.Pavli.

> Can you please it explain it all to me.

Can't explain the Moorcock / Turn the Tape over link except to suggest
that it may be a mistype.   Such things are known - this month's Record
Collector is advertising an autographed letter by Albert Einstein which
has unfortunately become tied up with an advert for an autographed photo
of England World Cup Winners and it does read strange.....   I had no
idea that Alf Ramsay was manager of Einstein's team - nuclear physicist
*and* football manager - that sure does explain a lot!

There's another copy of the 7" being advertised for sale in Record
Collector.   I'll send it as a separate message.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk