BOC / Hawkwind Sighting

UNREGISTERED VERSION sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Sun May 5 15:51:10 EDT 1996

Reply to Gordon about Re: BOC / Hawkwind Sighting
>Not much to add to what Si said, but ToPT also had decent
>cover art (Rodney Matthews) in their time, and a minor hit
>with a cover of "Love Potion #9". With Sykes they were the
>equal of groups like Diamond Head IMO, and should have done
>better than they did, without him they were pretty dull, and
>I'd rate them alongside Maiden, Saxon, Def Lep and the rest.
>However, I'd rate Sykes as being up there with Uli Roth (ex
>Scorpions) and Billy Gibbons.

I've seen Sykes with both Thin Lizzy and Whitesnake and couoldn't agree more
with everything Gordon says. Just to add that IMO Sykes first solo album 'Blue
Murder' is probably the best thing he's ever done. Classic rock music that
really shows how good he is. A great album. If you like BOC then chances
are you'll like this album. The second Blue Murder album is IMO no where near
as good. Sykes is currently on the road with the reformed Thin Lizzy (minus
Lynott obvously) playing all the old Lizzy classics. I've not seen them but
apparently he does the vocals as well and the show is heaven for old Lizzy
fans.

Si

sihalley at vossnet.co.uk