BOC / Hawkwind Sighting

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Sun May 5 23:52:19 EDT 1996

On  4-MAY-1996 04:11:22.0 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >Reply to Joseph Brooks about BOC / Hawkwind Sighting
   >>Just back from the bookstore.. Happened to run across "Tales of the
   >White >Wolf" a collection of Elric stories written by various fantasy
   >authors, >authorized by Moorcock. From the back cover: "Elric has even
   >inspired songs >from groups as diverse as Hawkwind and Blue Oyster
   >Cult to Cirith Ungol and >the Tygers of Pan Tang".
   >>Never heard of the last 2 but I thought it might be of some small
   >>interest... If anyone *has* heard of the latter two bands... are they
   >any >good?
   >>     _
   >I have two Cirith Ungol lp's because the covers are Michael Whelen(?)
   >paintings of Elric. Haven't played them in years but as I remember
   >they were a
   >early thrash band.

Not too thrashy, at least by my standards, closer to just metal, sometimes
with a pretty sludgey/doomy edge. Wrote some great riffs, particularly the
album "King Of The Dead". First album was more like Rush.
They released four albums -- the first had the
cover of Stormbringer, the last book in the Elric series. The 2nd album was
the cover of the 5th book, and so on...backwards. But time is just a cycle,
isn't it, and we're all one, the Eternal Champion.
I know some people on the list hate 'em. Go ahead and set this guy
straight... :)

Chuck
`[1;32;44mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive