The Blood of Man

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Mon May 6 08:58:16 EDT 1996

Gordon writes:

> Calvert about. Unfortunately, I've not seen them with Tree,
> but A4 is a win over the last couple of albums/tours.

Dunno if you were here for the discussion of the Bastard as frontman
on the last tour - he drew very mixed reviews.  I personally thought
he was great: he was completely looney, but in a way that just seemed
*right* for the show.  I'll never forget one image from that concert:
The Bastard, his whole upper body painted, standing at center stage
with his eyes closed and his arms wrapped around the mike stand,
bathed in a red glow, with stripes of laser light washing over him.
It was so surreal, and the music was so perfect that it totally
transported me.  And no, I wasn't "on" anything (though later reports
hold that The Bastard was high as a kite at that show... "No shit,"
says anyone who saw him...).  ;-)

Steve