BOC / Hawkwind Sighting

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon May 6 10:21:28 EDT 1996

> Just back from the bookstore.. Happened to run across "Tales of the White
> Wolf" a collection of Elric stories written by various fantasy authors,
> authorized by Moorcock. From the back cover: "Elric has even inspired songs
> from groups as diverse as Hawkwind and Blue Oyster Cult to Cirith Ungol and
> the Tygers of Pan Tang".
>
> Never heard of the last 2 but I thought it might be of some small
> interest... If anyone *has* heard of the latter two bands... are they any good?
>      _
The tygers of Pan Tang, at one time, featured the great John Sykes
[late of Thin Lizzy, and, yes, regrettably, Whitesnake--who fired him
just as the album he played on when supersonic--and featured his
replacements in all those smarmy videos even though they didn't play
on the album...Maybe he and Albert should start a band for f@#%-ed
over musicians?].  Don't really think the Tygers would do much for a
HW fan, but ya never know...
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?