BOC / Hawkwind Sighting

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon May 6 10:35:33 EDT 1996

si observes:

> I've seen Sykes with both Thin Lizzy and Whitesnake and couoldn't agree more
> with everything Gordon says. Just to add that IMO Sykes first solo album 'Blue
> Murder' is probably the best thing he's ever done. Classic rock music that
> really shows how good he is. A great album. If you like BOC then chances
> are you'll like this album. The second Blue Murder album is IMO no where near
> as good. Sykes is currently on the road with the reformed Thin Lizzy (minus
> Lynott obvously) playing all the old Lizzy classics. I've not seen them but
> apparently he does the vocals as well and the show is heaven for old Lizzy
> fans.
>
> Si
Right on re Blue Murder.  Second album is bad, but the first, except
for the occasional poor lyrics,is really good.  And don't forget the
fine rhythm  section.  They also played on the second album, and
apparently, John forgot the dirt Whitesnake did to him, 'cause he did
the same to Tony and Carmine--essentially imply that they weren't on
the album.  PS Tony plays on all the Gary Hoey material, not a bad
gtrst there either!
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?