HW: was The Blood of Man

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Mon May 6 11:07:14 EDT 1996

Steve sayz about Mr. Tree....

> Gordon writes:
> >
> > Calvert about. Unfortunately, I've not seen them with Tree,
> > but A4 is a win over the last couple of albums/tours.
>
> Dunno if you were here for the discussion of the Bastard as frontman
> on the last tour - he drew very mixed reviews.  I personally thought
> he was great: he was completely looney, but in a way that just seemed
> *right* for the show.  I'll never forget one image from that concert:
> The Bastard, his whole upper body painted, standing at center stage
> with his eyes closed and his arms wrapped around the mike stand,
> bathed in a red glow, with stripes of laser light washing over him.
> It was so surreal, and the music was so perfect that it totally
> transported me.  And no, I wasn't "on" anything (though later reports
> hold that The Bastard was high as a kite at that show... "No shit,"
> says anyone who saw him...).  ;-)
>
> Steve

Was this perhaps the Limelight show in NYC???  I saw six shows from the Spirit
of the Age tour (April '95) and he was definitely the 'looniest' at that
particular one.  Other shows he was much more 'subdued', and others were sort
of intermediate.  Some shows he spent more time on stage than others...I guess
it depended on whether or not he felt he had anything to offer to the
performance at that particular moment.  In NYC, he felt he had a lot to offer,
so he was out there most of the show.....that whole scene there was weird,
including the whole 'off-topic' scene going on.

Keith H.