Club Ninja: Lamest BOC album.

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon May 6 12:31:29 EDT 1996

Steve says:

> >        Buck's Boogie (A waste of valuable space in my opinion, they should
> >                       have put in Perfect Water instead)
>
> I like Buck's Boogie a hell of a lot better than any of that mediocre dreck
> on Club Ninja or any of the post Joe/Al lineups.

No question about that, though 'Perfect' is one of the better songs
on that regrettable album.

> The BOC guys trying vainly to do typical 1980's poodle rock {trying to
> downgrade themselves for commercial success by writing another Burnin' For
> You (Dancing in the Ruins)}.  I remember making the guy in the record store

Yeah, I think 'Reaper' and Burnin's success put some awful virus in
the collective BOC bloodstream.  Perhaps not so coincidentally,
Albert's departure follwed FOUO.  It's likely he'd have no part in
such dreck.  Wonder if that was an element in his getting canned?
Then again, with Al in the band, they'd never have had to turn to
outside 'writers' like the dreadful Rob Halligan [who, regrettably,
comes from my town, where he's treated like a celebrity/favorite
son--I actually went to the same high school as that bum, though he
was a grade ahead of me].

> dig Club Ninja out of the UPS box, getting home, cranking up the volume and
> spinning the vinyl, only to be horribly disappointed: "Make Rock Not
> War"???  What the hell was that all about?
A tie for last place with 'Beat em Up?'

> I hope to Hades that their next effort is not an embarrassment like some of
> the recent "Black Sabbath" material.

Yeah, the Tony Iommi band can be pretty bad, though 'Dehumanizer' was
excellent.  Still, I'd rather have BOC put out SOMETHING.'  Even if
disappointing, there'd likely be a few god songs, which is pretty
much my view of recent Sabbath.  Ninja would be a good album if
anyone other than BOC had released it.  And there are a handful of
decent songs on it--just don't compare it to Secret Treaties!

> Well, I guess if Eric (God Bless the man I respect him immensely) sees this
> screed, he'll definitely stick to AOL, eh?
>
> Steve
Yeah, he and Buck prefer the toadying idolatry of aol to the frank
discussions on BOC-L, I'm afraid.  You can run, but you can't hide...
theo

> "As long as someone wields the whip, someone else will want to kiss it."
> -G. Gordon Gordon

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?