BOC: Beat 'Em Up, Dragon Lady

William Fuller fswof at AURORA.ALASKA.EDU
Mon May 6 14:46:19 EDT 1996

On Mon, 6 May 1996, Carl E. Anderson wrote:

>         I still maintain a perverse liking for "Beat 'Em Up" (compared to
> the rest of CN, anyway).  I'm not really sure why!

For some reason I always pretended the lyrics were "Beam 'Em Up" (this
was before Alien 4), and I picture Kirk from classic ST fighting some
Klingons on a planet, and he decides, "hey what the heck am I fighting
for, I'll just call Scotty and have him beam 'em up... to the brig!"

> The _one_ track in my opinion from either RbN or CN that is not a
> pretty fair embarrasment for BOC (fine, Perfect Water is a groovy Buck
> pop song, but its not very BOCish IMHO ;) is "Take Me Away".  "TMA" is
> actually quite good, I think.  The rest of it bites the great hairy
> syphalitic ice weasel and that ain't no joke you can disappear in smoke ;)

You guys don't like Dragon Lady from RbN? I think that song is pretty
good. High energy, good riff, good solo, ok lyrics. "The Dragon Lady will
show you how to fry..."

William Fuller   fswof at aurora.alaska.edu