HW: HW in Record Collector

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Mon May 6 20:41:33 EDT 1996

DFrost8547 at aol.com writes:

> What/Who tops HW as collectable artists?

Here's the top 40 or so - but bear in mind that this is a British poll
so US bands will tend not to get a look in

1.      Beatles
2.      Queen
3.      Oasis
4.      Pink Floyd
5.      Rolling Stones
6.      Jethro Tull
7.      Neil Young
8.      Elvis Presley
9.      David Bowie
10.     Bob Dylan
11.     Led Zeppelin
12.     The Who
13.     Jimi Hendrix
14.     Madonna
15.     R.E.M.
16      The Kinks
17.     Frank Zappa
18.     U2
19.     Marc Bolan & T Rex
20.     John Lennon
21.     Paul McCartney
22.     Genesis
23.     Prince
24.     Beach Boys
25.     Bruce Springsteen
26.     Abba
27.     Paul Weller
28.     Pet Shop Boys
29.     Status Quo
30.     Kate Bush
31.     Blur
32.     Fairport Convention
33.     Bon Jovi
34.     Tori Amos
35.     Yes
36.     HAWKWIND
37.     Pulp
38.     Buddy Holly
39.     The Small Faces
40.     Freddie Mercury

so there you have it - beaten by Tori Amos.......

I'll refrain from typing any of the rest in - since I have no wish to
violate copyright quite apart from the time it would take!!   But I
recommend getting hold of the mag itself, if only for the rarity of a
good Hawkwind review and a very odd half picture of someone (?Elric)
being attacked (apparently) by his sword (it's a small but rather
curious photo!)

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk