BOC and the X-Files

Shawn Quinn squinn at DIGITAL.NET
Mon May 6 18:59:30 EDT 1996

The following text is a post I put on the BOC folder on AOL a few weeks ago.
Not many people followed up on this - in fact no one.  Anyway, I was
standing in the Atlanta airport yesterday and noticed the latest Rolling
Stone with a cover article about the X-files and a side aticle on how the
show's produces are looking for some musical input from various bands...so I
thought I would give it spin on BOC-L...

BOC on the X-files

I've brought this idea up to the band a few times over the last couple of
years - It would be an excellent platform for building a new fan base - and
could be a justification to get the boys on Jay Leno/SNL etc...and a record
contract.

Several complete episodes could be derived from a number of songs - Take Me
Away and ETI are obvious.  The story line in the Subhuman would be make a
great episode -- people disappearing from a small Long Island town just to
join the oyster boys...maybe have a section with the band playing the song
in a local bar describing the 'legend' of the Blue Oyster Cult.   etc.,
etc., etc.,  I don't know who is managing the band these days - but I sure
as hell would be making a few phone calls to the right to people to pull
this off.  I've heard  X-file writers take ideas from various X-file i-net
groups and use them in the show occasionally.  A two pronged attack in this
case would be effective - the fan base email-ing the X-file i-net groups and
the BOC management (or the band ! - I've heard Eric a couple of times over
the years express an interest in getting into sci-fi movies) making the
'high level' contacts.

This is not impossible - just may take some persistence.  Besides, I've
noticed the writing in some of the more recent shows has been a little weak.
They could an infusion of creativity - and BOC and all of the band stands
for fits the need perfectly.  If this idea works - it could lead to a
multi-episode deal - where the same thread appears periodically.

Just a few thoughts.

Shawn

PS - The Brain Surgeons should try to jump on this opportunity as well -
especially since Albert wrote a majority of the X-file-ish songs.