Pukin' to the Oldies

Steve zaius at TELEPORT.COM
Tue May 7 02:40:29 EDT 1996

>>         `Beat 'Em Up's' a good song by any other standards, although it
>> has got really _terrible_ lyrics.

I hate Rock anthems- "We'll stop sockin'/When you start Rockin'"?
Songwriting pen on autopilot-

The great thing about the great alternative rock explosion is that they
have a real dearth of anthems- Can you imagine the Beasty Boys or Foo
Fighters singing those lyrics-except as parody?

Rock anthems seem to have started in the 1950's, so I have to say that I
don't fault the authors or BOC for writing this stuff.  As rock anthems go,
"Transmaniacon MC" has got to be the model to follow-but have BOC forgot
the lessons they themselves taught?

Steve P

"As long as someone wields the whip, someone else will want to kiss it."
-G. Gordon Gordon