Trash Talk???

Thomas Nelson gumby at PRIMENET.COM
Tue May 7 03:20:49 EDT 1996

>Date:    Mon, 6 May 1996 16:37:57 -0600
>From:    jean l delacour <delacour at UNM.EDU>
>Subject: TRASHING GETS OLD
>
>No wonder Eric & Buck don't want to join us over here; some you are always
>trashing them!!

Personally, I would rather read some insightful criticism, than a
fanboy's unending fluff-talk about how a band can do no wrong. It is the
depth of the valleys that make the mountains seem so tall.

>Remember, it's all about the music, and BOC have no "bad" music as some
>of you keep stating here.  Club Ninja was great for that point in time

I guess I would have to disagree again. When CN came out out, I was
racked with disappointment. The sound (as mentioned before) was terrible.
Only three songs remotely kept my interest: White Flags, Dancin', and (of
course) Perfect Water (digression: Why was Beat 'em Up on Career of Evil?
Doesn't make sense). I think I can clearly rationalize to myself that the
album was bad. Now, that doesn't mean it was bad for you, just me.

Having said all of that, I can also understand your stance. I happen to
really enjoy Revolution By Night, which has been taking a beating here
the last couple of days (talk about beat 'em up!!!!). It is a very moody
atmospheric album to my ears. I once read a review of it where the
reporter summed the album up perfectly; he claimed it sounded as though
BOC had sent hellhounds on his trail as he listened to it!! I love the
1-2 punch of Shadow of California and Feel the Thunder.

>Buck's Boogie is the most distiguishablly beautiful, fast, jazzy and rock-
>in' instrumental ever written.

Although I love BB, I might have to put a couple of Satriani's tunes
above it (esp. "Always with me, Always with you").

Peace to all,

The Gumby Man