TRASHING GETS OLD

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue May 7 10:45:39 EDT 1996

Manuel opines:
> No wonder Eric & Buck don't want to join us over here; some you are always
> trashing them!!
>
> Remember, it's all about the music, and BOC have no "bad" music as some
> of you keep stating here.  Club Ninja was great for that point in time, and
> Buck's Boogie is the most distiguishablly beautiful, fast, jazzy and rock-
> in' instrumental ever written.
>
> Perhaps if we take on a more positive approach, then we MAY get Eric, Buck
> and Al ALL on the list together.  Wouldn't that be cool?
>
> God bless...
> >

> Manuel
It WOULD be cool, but not if it requires us all to check our valid
opinions at the door.  I've been a BOC fan for 25 years now, and I'm
a professional musician as well.  I have an important stake in this
band, and I'm entitled to express my considered opinions.  You notice
that Al isn't scared off by our views--hell, he encourages them.
And, I'd argue, he has a lot more to lose, trying to get his new band
up and flying.  Yet he listens to us and respects our opinions.
What's wrong with expecting 3OC to do the same?
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?