Club Ninja: Lamest BOC album.

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Tue May 7 10:36:18 EDT 1996

> > My favorite (or least favorite) BOC clunker? Its HAS to be "The Marshall
> > Plan".. a hokier song was never done, IMO.

Although possibly slightly out of synch with the general theme/feel of
CE, I always really liked this song. It's quite intelligent: makes a
comment on the music biz, why boys want to be rock stars (to get girls),
has some humour (guitarist trying to play the 'Smoke on the Water' riff).
Why is that hokey? (whatever hokey means)

I also can't quite understand why CN gets such a total panning. OK, it's
not as consistent as some other albums and the cover art sucks big time.
But it does have some gems on it. Actually, its funny how everyone pans
it yet everybody has tracks they really like...which aren't always the
same ones.  As far as I'm concerned there are only two tracks that really
suck *big time*: Rock not War, and Beat 'em Up. The rest range from
pretty solid to excellent.

Dave