Swerving crazily off topic!

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Tue May 7 11:03:30 EDT 1996

That Other Steve writes:

> >> It had Dio & Iommi.  If they didn't hate each other, they'd be the
> >> greatest team in heavy metal.  ;-)
>
> As long as Martin Birch produces.

Hey - you really *are* my evil twin.  :-) Are you the one who posted
the article (I accidentally deleted it) about how the Bob Rock style
glitzy production was what dragged Club Ninja into the mire?  I'd
agree that it was certainly one of the chief offenders.  Some people
claim that the tunes are decent underneath the horribly overdone
production and the stupid lyrics.  I can't quite bring myself to sift
that deep in the muck to find out...  :-)

> >Yeah, but that only applies to the lyrics.  Buck's gtr playing is
> >pretty hard to attack, even if it occurs in the midst of shitty songs.
>
> Absolutely true.  And unfortunately, Buck's precious pearls have studded
> quite a few dunghills in the last few years.

It *is* sad - he's *such* a great guitarist.

Steve