BOC: Not Trashing Eric- Honest!!!

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Tue May 7 17:48:54 EDT 1996

Steve said:

>The 80's were a pretty bad period for rock music in general, I think
>(despite the fact that they got off to an absolutely ripping start,
>with albums like Blizzard of Oz, Heaven and Hell, Fire of Unknown
>Origin, Blackout, Number of the Beast, Screaming for Vengeance, Back
>In Black, etc etc etc).  Somehow, that degenerated into a big-hair
>teeny-bopper metal fest that lasted until the end of the decade.

But in the later '80s we got (arguably better) albums like Master of Puppets,
Reign in Blood, Among the Living, Danzig, Masters of Reality, Operation:
Mindcrime...  OK, Queensryche may be a bit dodgy, but I wouldn't call any of
the others "big-hair teeny-bopper"!  So I'd maintain that the good stuff was
there, although maybe the LA sleaze bands like Poison, and the unspeakable
Ratt and their ilk, dominated the airwaves, especially in America.
 Personally I blame Kiss.

Mind you, all I know about Winger is they're on Stuart's T-shirt. :)

- Andy

ObCD: Mick Farren's Tijuana Bible - _Gringo Madness_