HW: HW in Record Collector

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 8 00:14:37 EDT 1996

Martyn White writes:

>         So we've heard a lot about this list.  Who determines
> the order of collectibility,  readers votes?  the editorial staff?
> an esoteric calculation based on number of albums/popularity/boots?

It's a poll of readers of Record Collector.   I'm not sure how many
readers there are but I would guess the number is fairly considerable
since they were offering prizes this year amounting to 3,000 pounds
worth of CDs/LP (500 pounds for 1st prize).   Nor can I find anywhere it
says the number who actually voted but, again, my guess is that it's a
respectably sized base to work from.

It is emphatically, though, a poll of *collectors* rather than straight
popularity - and British collectors at that so it'll be baissed in all
sorts of strange ways!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk