HW: newbie

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 8 00:25:50 EDT 1996

Brent C. McDonald writes:

> Thanks Hawkwind fans!  I was out of town last week and visited a record
> store where, out of curiosity, I purchased an old Masters of the
> Universe on vinyl.  It's just a compilation, but I am suitably
> impressed.  I want more!  They also had a clean copy of Warrior at the
> Edge of Time in the used vinyl bin.  Should I make the effort to get it?

Definitely - this is one of the 'must haves' of any Hawkwind collection.
There's a different version of "Kings of Speed" on the Griffin CD
which matches better with the album (the original track jars a bit
in style and speed with the rest) but don't let that put you off.
This album is the classic 1974 lineup which had already moved a long way
from their original Space Rock sound.  The Hawkwind that might have been
had Lemmy stayed?   Who knows.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk