Club Ninja: Lamest BOC album.

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Tue May 7 22:49:27 EDT 1996

At 03:36 PM 5/7/96 +0100, you wrote:
>> > My favorite (or least favorite) BOC clunker? Its HAS to be "The Marshall
>> > Plan".. a hokier song was never done, IMO.
>
>Although possibly slightly out of synch with the general theme/feel of
>CE, I always really liked this song. It's quite intelligent: makes a
>comment on the music biz, why boys want to be rock stars (to get girls),
>has some humour (guitarist trying to play the 'Smoke on the Water' riff).
>Why is that hokey? (whatever hokey means)

Can you say, Cliche'?

I just find the lyrics incredibly pretentious and ... well, corney. I don't
know how else to say it. It does have a few good riffs in it but thats not
enough to save it in my eyes (ears).

>I also can't quite understand why CN gets such a total panning. OK, it's
>not as consistent as some other albums and the cover art sucks big time.
>But it does have some gems on it. Actually, its funny how everyone pans
>it yet everybody has tracks they really like...

I don't. The only ones I would even bother listening to are "Perfect Water"
(which has grown on me a bit since hearing it on WOTT) and "Dancin'.."

Keep in mind that I am old, opinionated, jaded and incredibly picky on
things like this... :) I constantly piss off all my friends for 'panning'
their favorite music and hating almost everything thats currently popular.

     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "So Ladies, Fish
  | | <   *http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/1154|  and Gentlemen,here's
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  my angled dream..."