BOC: Where on AOL?

Douglas A Mitchell DwnTheMtn at AOL.COM
Wed May 8 03:09:09 EDT 1996

Steven:

>I'm one of those unfortunate souls who is paying the high hourly
>rates to be on AOL, so I should at least take advantage of BOC's
>presence here...unfortunately, I have no idea how to find that board!
>(AOL's like a maze, sometimes...)  Can anybody help me out?

As I am one of the "regulars" on the AOL circuit, I'd be happy
to pass along some information.  You will find the music bulletin
boards at Keyword "mmc" (music message center), from there
select "rock/pop", then "A-F", and strike "B" until you see "Blue
Oyster Cult."  You might also want to head down to the SWU
folder, which has very recently gained permanent status... =)

Buck also has his own folder under "Classic Rock", which you
will find in the same window that you found the "A-F" selection.
It pertains primarily to the Buckster's exploits, and his wife Sandy
& his brother John make regular visits.  Sandy is really nice gal.
Exchanged some e-mail with her regarding the 'latest' DFTR
thread, and posted her a copy of my own angle on the legendary
lyrics.  She liked what I had to say, and the ongoing discussion
I happily began finally resulted in THE FINAL WORD....
(which I will post in parts, following shortly hereafter...)

For everyone else on the BOC-L listening in, Buck has hinted
that he has just a little bit more tinkering to go, before he has
the goods ready in his home studio.  Hope it leads or follows
the new LP closely.  "Flat Out - Part II" wouldn't be such a
bad thing.  'Summa Cum Laude' has been rumored to be on
the short list... =)

The BOC BBQ is now less than three weeks away!
The Gathering of the faithful (hey Manuel!) to partake of
the BOC beers is ready to go!  I'll be down early to set up,
and we hope to have a "virtual picnic" for all those who can't
make it out West, where it truly is nice this time of year...

That just about covers the AOL portion of tonight's program.
I suppose it's time I 'de-lurk' and throw my tinder on the fire...

(P.S.:  I like 'Eponymous'... =)

"The Snowman"           _?_     Tuned in to life's essentials...
Douglas A. Mitchell        I         Skiing, Backpacking, & the
                                                mighty Blue Oyster Cult!
Home:  dwnthemtn at aol.com
Office:  dmitch at microscan.com         WE UNDERSTAND...

"They're OK the last days of May, but I'll be breathin' dry air,
I'm leaving soon, the others are already there...Wouldn't be
interested in coming along, instead of staying here?  It said
the West is nice this time of year, that's what they say."

                                       --- Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser