"True BOC fans" are on BOC-L

Douglas A Mitchell DwnTheMtn at AOL.COM
Wed May 8 03:09:21 EDT 1996

Steve:

>They?  I'm sure anybody who wanted to could do that.  It's not like
>you have to pass some kind of admissions test to join BOC-L.

Thank goodness... =)

>I don't really remember when you signed on to BOC-L, but we had many
>years of solid fandom here before the cracks started to show.  I mean,
>it seems to me that there has been less emphasis lately on what we
>like about the band, and considerably more about what racks us - but
>maybe that's inevitable, when you talk about the same topic for too
>long with nothing new to add.  If there had been 3 or 4 new BOC albums
>in the interim, we probably wouldn't be discussing what a loser Club
>Ninja was.

After years of waiting, you are finally going to be rewarded with
something new to kick around!  =)  Eric & Buck let it slip a couple
months ago that something was ACTUALLY beginning to rise out
of the murk, but only a few of us caught it.  We excitedly flung e-mail
about, waiting for the REAL news to break.  Eric posted the official
notice to the BOC board on AOL, and a couple of the folks there
made sure it spread quickly.  It was here within hours.
As it should be...

Bolle, of course, knows more than he can let on... =)

I, for one, am one of the AOL "regulars", and do my damndest to
keep the alt.m.boc moving, but there are only so many hours in a
day.  And I do sleep now & then.  What the AOL crowd lacks in
a consistently high level of erudition, they (including me) make up
for with unbelievable enthusiasm.  Many of us are gathering for the
BOC BBQ in Santa Rosa, and a few more will be meeting up in
Las Vegas for the June 1st show at Silver Bowl Park.  Anyone
feel like joining us?  The more, the merrier... =)

"The Snowman"           _?_     Tuned in to life's essentials...
Douglas A. Mitchell        I         Skiing, Backpacking, & the
                                                mighty Blue Oyster Cult!
Home:  dwnthemtn at aol.com
Office:  dmitch at microscan.com         WE UNDERSTAND...

"They're OK the last days of May, but I'll be breathin' dry air,
I'm leaving soon, the others are already there...Wouldn't be
interested in coming along, instead of staying here?  It said
the West is nice this time of year, that's what they say."

                                       --- Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser