Club Ninja: Lamest BOC album.

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed May 8 06:52:11 EDT 1996

> Now that we've established that the vast majority of BOC-Lers hate Club
> Ninja and everything it stands for, might I inquire whether anyone would
> like to sell or trade a copy of CN (ideally CD or else cassette)? My Reasons:
> 1) It's out of print.
> 2) I'm a BOC freak and would at least like to own it for completion's sake.

        Good luck, but no from me!  My Reasons:
1) It's out of print.
2) I'm a BOC freak and would at least like to own it for completion's sake.

        And, actually, 3) it's buried deep in crates of CDs at my parents
house and would need to be taken from the jungle by crime to become
accessible ;)

        Surely it will show up at Second Coming or Mystery Train
eventually?  The usually have a random BOC album or two passing through
and all things show up there eventually.

        You could try hunting on the usenet used CD groups as well.  Someone
there may have it and simply despaired of ever finding someone willing
to buy it ;)

> 3) I am rather fond of Dancin..., Perfect Water and White Flags (to a
> lesser degree). Madness... has its redeeming virtues, and I've found that
> Beat 'Em Up can be highly enjoyable if you just avoid taking it seriously
> (i.e. just let go and feel the thunder). I concede that Make Rock Not War
> blows, and that Shadow Warrior and Spy in the House of the Night kind of
> meander without any useful point or emphasis. Nonetheless, they serve to
> demonstrate that substandard BOC is still better than most music today.

        Admitedly, that's probably true, but luckily I haven't _heard_
most music today and certainly haven't bought it.  I only get the tasty
stuff.  I may be guilty of sacriledge by mentioning the last Motorhead
album and CN in the same sentence ;)

> That said, my own choice for Lamest Ever has to go to RBN, but for
> reasons of personal choice. CN is a rock album; it's just a bad rock
> album. RBN is dedicated to an 80's pop-ish style that I have no liking
> for whatsoever. Take Me Away is worth the price of a used CD just by
> itself, but the remainder of the album, even though it may technically be
> "excellent standard-cut '80s pop", is still never going to sustain my
> interest.

        "TMA" is extremely cool, but I certainly can't understand the
affection some people maintain for "Shooting Shark"!  All I need to
do is hear the mind-bogglingly cheesy sound of the drums (_are_ they
even real drums!?) on the opening and I want to rush out to bury it
in an unmarked grave with a stake through the spindle hole!  I can
let go and feel the thunder with the best of them, but there is
simply no thunder to feel elsewhere on RBN!

Cheers,
Carl