HW: hawk rip off

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed May 8 09:10:27 EDT 1996

>i just saw on a taco bell kids meal bag a description of the characters
>from this fantasy cartoon show. one of which, the hero is a guy named
>HAWK WINDWALKER - coincidence? -i think not. i'm interested in seing what
>this show is all about. - mike psyche

Interesting.  There was a seer named "Hawkwind" in the computer game
Ultima IV, by Lord British (aka Shamino in the SCA, aka Richard Garriot, a
Texan).  He was located inside Britannia Castle, behind a sleep field, and
was mainly useful to check how close you were to becoming an Avatar...

I think there was a soldier called "hawkwind" in the movie "Flesh & Blood"
(by Paul Verhoeven, with Rutger Hauer), but I am not certain.

Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)