CN/RBN

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Wed May 8 10:37:38 EDT 1996

Tox:

> That said, my own choice for Lamest Ever has to go to RBN, but for
> reasons of personal choice. CN is a rock album; it's just a bad rock
> album. RBN is dedicated to an 80's pop-ish style that I have no liking
> for whatsoever. Take Me Away is worth the price of a used CD just by
> itself, but the remainder of the album, even though it may technically be
> "excellent standard-cut '80s pop", is still never going to sustain my
> interest.
>
> och, vell,    -tox
Why so hating of RBN?  Personally, I liked it a lot [at least some of
it].  I thought Take Me Away, Shadow of California [lots of good
humor in that one] Dragon Lady, Feel the Thunder [I'm partial to
Biker songs, I admit.  I even liked Wings of MErcury] were truly good
songs.  Granted, the rest is sub-standard, but at least listenable.
theo