Club Ninja: Lamest BOC album.

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed May 8 10:45:13 EDT 1996

>Joseph Brooks writes:
>>
>   [ The Marchall Plan ]
>>
>> I think one problem I have with it is that it always reminds me (lyricly
>> anyway) of another similar song by (Journey? no, Foreigner..) "And that one
>> guitar.. Felt good in his hands.." Oh how that screeching, whiney voice
>> grates on my nerves.. which I hate even more than "The Marshall Plan".
>
>Sigh.  But I *love* "Jukebox Hero"!  ;-)

You could do an entire theme album on this theme of some kid picking up a
gi-tar and heading for the limelight... ('Shooting Star', 'Learning to Fly'
(Petty, not Floyd), etc.).  Which is where the Marshall Plan belongs.

I'll admit when I first heard it I thought there must be some obscure
reference I was missing.  Was this a secret plot of Truman to take over post
WWII Europe?  Was Johnny an alien?  Did Suzi hang out at the Four Winds Bar?
Was there an obscure religion that worshipped Don Kirshner?   Was "Surf
Music" actually a reference to an earlier life of Johnny's when he played
"Serf Music"?   *sigh*.  Given a choice between vicious music with everyday
lyrics and soft music with macabre lyrics, I'll usually take the latter
(e.g., I really like Warren Zevon's "Excitable Boy"...   (which, I might
add, also features a "Suzi", any connection? ? )

Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)