BOC: Buck, Satch, and Stevens

Thomas Nelson gumby at PRIMENET.COM
Thu May 9 02:34:53 EDT 1996

>Gumby Man;
>
>Your point is well taken regarding Satriani.  However, Satriani's career
>really began to take off when Buck helped him out with the Imaginos thing,
>And Satriani has cited Buck as an influence and as a very professional
>musicain.
>
>But really, can you compare Satriani's style with Buck's?  They are both
>extremely talented guitar players, but not really along the same styles,
>wouldn"t you say?
>
>Manuel

It's difficult to compare, but for the money...I definitely prefer Buck
live. My fondest concert memory is watching Buck play Last Days of May.
The man was in a zone. So was I.

The last few digests have seen a bunch of band names fly by:

Steve Stevens and Atomic Playboys:  I have this album. The one song that
strikes my memory is the instrumental piece ("Desert Running"???) in
which Stevens plucks the hell out of an acoustic, while keeping a nice rhythm.

Queensryche: Operation: Mindcrime is awesome. One of the few times an
thematic album worked for me (Sorry, the theme of Imaginos didn't hook
me, just the music). The Warning and their first EP are also very fine.

Death Angel:   Did somebody post about Act III from Death Angel? They are
one of my favorites. Have you checked out their new stuff as The
Organization? Very much like Act III.

This is enough rambling

Gumby Go Home!

Thomas Nelson*****The Gumby Man*****gumby at primenet.com

"In this day and age, ignorance is not only inexcusable,
 it is criminal and perhaps fatal."
                      The Anarchist Cookbook