Club Ninja: Lamest BOC album.

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Thu May 9 09:05:17 EDT 1996

Tim

>So which is the UK version? When CN came out a friend of mine got the vinyl
>which *doesn't* have the "Bones of our Oppressors" bit on WtWC, but my CD
>copy does. Which one is the UK effort...(I can't recall if WF fades or not)

Your friend got the UK mix on LP, like me.  It was actually released here
(UK) first, in December '85, wasn't it?  But it was still after the tour...
 Anyway, a few weeks afterwards I remember seeing a divider in Virgin
labelled "Club Ninja - US mix".  But I wasn't *that* extravagant - buy a
high-priced import copy just for a different mix?  Pshaw! :)

I got a CD copy in late '87 (hey, it was the eighties, by then I was into
conspicuous consumption, and anyway you couldn't actually *get* much BOC on
CD then), and although it was a UK release (although manufactured somewhere
on the continent), blow me if it wasn't different to my vinyl!  Although I
never noticed a difference on "White Flags" - which isn't to say there isn't
one :) - the two striking differences were the Howard Stern bit on "Whe the
War Comes", and that "Madness to the Method" *didn't* fade out.

Anyway "Shadow Warrior" is dead good!  There, I've nailed my colours to the
mast :)

- Andy