Glastonbury dates ?

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu May 9 18:39:36 EDT 1996

M Holmes writes:

> Imaginos writes:
> > No Glastonbury '96 - it's official

> There was supposed to be "an alternative to Glastonbury" at "Cheesefoot
> Head" or something similar. Can anyone get details of dates, bands,
> whether camping is on site, with fires allowed? Whether there's a
> genuine glasto-babylon? Arts & crafts fair? New-Age type shit? Etcetera
> etcetera etcetera...

apparently it was advertised in NMA but they had gone out of print by
the time I tried to get hold of a copy (ie next month's edition had
superseded the previous month) so I couldn't find the info.  I'm told
it was the solstice weekend but seeing as Hawkwind are playing live
that weekend elsewhere I guess the festival is out for me!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk