HW: tenuous links

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu May 9 18:47:16 EDT 1996

Andrew A. Apold writes:

> I think there was a soldier called "hawkwind" in the movie "Flesh & Blood"
> (by Paul Verhoeven, with Rutger Hauer), but I am not certain.

skewing slightly to one side I'm sure I heard a Hawkwind reference in
the animation film "Toy Story" (a surprisingly bizarre film actually!)
where the family is walking into Pizza Planet - the doors slide open and
an electronic voice that sounds like it came straight off Brock's solo
album says "The White Zone is for Pizza Eating Only".

Yeah - I know it's a tenuous one but it gave me a smile.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk